28 Sept 2009

Getting the Ball Rolling


I've been posting lots lately about all the other things that I do apart from sewing, but on Saturday I got back into making some new clothes. Since then I have made 2 dresses, 2 skirts, and 3 tops. But sadly I can't take any pictures of them because I am still sans camera. It's good to get back into work again(it's not like I really stopped working, just stopped sewing) it was starting to feel like the big elephant in the room that I was avoiding. I had foolishly convinced myself that I had burnt out and run out of ideas. The easiest way to break this was to jump in with both feet. I always find it inspiring walking around my studio, looking at different garments until an idea springs to mind. Thankfully I got a lot of donations of clothes recently so all the pieces were fresh to my eyes ,and it was easy to see what I could do with them. Hopefully this creative ball keeps gathering momentum!

3 comments:

  1. yea! well done for getting back on the metaphorical bike. it's always so hard to go back to doing stuff after a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magatha-May
    Thanks...yeah it was such a relief, it's funny how people work like that, avoiding the one thing they need to do

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...