21 Mar 2010

100th Sale

Another milestone has been reached today, I just hit my 100th sale in my supplies shop. Two of my New Years resolutions were to list 100 things in my supplies shop (which I did about a month ago) and also to get 100 sales.I just wanted to post this as a virtual happy dance moment....woohoo.

This is my second shot at Etsy, I started my other shop in 2008, and nothing ever really happened with it. Sales were low and I never really understood what I was meant to do with it. I spent lots of time on it but most of it was in the wrong direction. I was very tempted to give up on the whole thing. But I gave it one more try.

Here is what I did...

-I blogged more
-Joined a team, and became a very active member
-Got a facebook fanpage
-Started doing giveaways on the blog
-Regularly comment on other bloggers posts
-Bought and ad with craftcult(very successful)
-Bought an ad on facebook(terrible waste of money)
-Vastly improved my photos
-Listed 100 items, and always trying to add new things
-Post in the Etsy forums regularly
-Have great customer service to encourage return customers

I hope this helps any of you who feel like you want to give up. I know 100 isn't loads but it was a good milestone for me.


Let's just hope I get around to my third resolution and learn how to drive!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy it worked out for you this time around. I've never tried Etsy myself, but I'm sure it can be a frustrating experience if things aren't heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done with your etsy sales
    its pretty inspiring and thanks for the tips for etsy success
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the 100 sales! Great news & achievement! G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I'm setting the next milestone at 500...I'm sure it will take a while to get there, but I've lots of new exciting supplies coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you...can I sing that to the tune of happy birthday I wonder, well, pretend I am!

    Thank you for the list- I'm going to take a cyber leaf out of your blog page and try some of your advice- I badly need something! And you DEFINATELY get your customer service right!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoooo NiceDayDesigns!!! :) doing a happy dance for you here in my office!! - I agree with the facebook ad!! shocking result with it!! think I'll try craftcult next!! :) here's to 500! - I hit double digits today so I was happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 100th sale :D

    And thanks for the advice on Etsy! I'm thinking about opening a store there so I found your list quite helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...