21 May 2010

The Power of Voodoo


My weird and wonderful pincushion series continues! Last night while siting down to watch some cheezy crime drama I finished off this voodoo doll pincushion. I really like him, he reminds me of the sad Iron Giant, that's why I gave him the huge red button eyes. This was another of Johns suggestion for things to made into a pincushion...I'm intrigued to see what he'll say next to be honest!!
This guy is rather large for a pincushion standing at 25cm high, but I wanted him to be a table ornament too. It took me a while to figure out how to make him free standing, in the end I gave him oversized weighted feet.

Writing this post just reminded me of David Bowie in lycra singing about voodoo.....hot!

Ps: After posting pictures on facebook of the aforementioned penis pincushion it sold after a half an hour. I think I definitely be making more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...