11 Jul 2010

My Hats off to Innocent Smoothies: The Big Knit

Yesterday while I was browsing through some blogs I found an intriguing post. Innocent Smoothies have started an appeal for people to knit little hats for their drinks, for every hatted drink sold they will donate 25c to Age Action Ireland. Firstly I thought it was a great cause, as apparently 2000 people over the age of 65 die from cold related illness every year. A fact that I found quite shocking, especially as both my parents are about this age.
So I took out my knitting needles and made a wee 'innocent' hat. My knitting skills are very basic, and it took me over an hour and a half to make it, which is totally crazy as it's so small. It seems my pompom making skills are pretty poor too. But the point is that I tried, and I like the idea that someone out there will buy a drink with my little hat on it.
If you would like to take part in this endeavor just check out their website here, don't worry they have a very good tutorial there to show you how to make the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...