31 Aug 2010

Album Release for The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra


At last The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra album was released nationwide this weekend just gone. It was so exciting to eventually see the work all properly printed out, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The feedback has been excellent so far both for the design and the album itself. The guys got a 4/5 star rating from Hotpress Magazine, and in my own personal opinion it sounds fantastic, I'm really proud to have my name attached to something that sounds great.
The merchansing machine has been working full throttle as I was making badges, magnets, and bottle openers for them, and we also ordered some lovely postcards from Moo. Also my friend Vinnie is currently making some super snazzy t-shirts with my designs on them, can't wait to see how they turn out. Their newly redesigned website went live the other day, Mark Wrafter did a fantastic job transforming my images into a website format.
The BPLO will be playing Electric Picnic this week in the spoken word stage (not sure what day) do keep an eye out if you are lucky enough to be heading to the festival. Personally I'm really looking forward to their Limerick album launch gig, the whispers I'm hearing is that there is lots of extra effort being put into this gig with top secret set embellishments! That will be on in Dolans on Sept 10th.
!!Giveaway!!
Here's the best bit, I'm having a giveaway to one lucky reader! I will be giving away an album, badges, bottle opener, and a set of postcards, and all you have to do is leave a comment here! I'll be running this competition between by blog and my facebook page. Closing date is the 7th of Sept!

3 comments:

  1. What an intriguing album title. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design work, nice execution. Count me in for the competition. You can catch me at: tj |at| belfast-rocks |dot| |com|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fantastic! Count me in too please.
    I have been listening to BPLO since my boyfriend informed me I was seriously missing out, and they're great! Lovely work Ruth, I was so excited to see your artwork on a poster in Cork at last week. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...