1 Sept 2010

New Handmade iPhone Cases





Lately I've been bringing my pre-cut felt iphone cases down to the market and doing my hand sewing while I'm there. It means I can get some Christmas stock made while it's quiet down there. I'm spending over 20 hours a week standing at my stall so it makes sense to use that time wisely. I learnt from pre-cutting my brooches that it saves time to design and cut the pieces at home before hand. I recently ordered lots of felt from Lupin, so it was great to be able to design them and have all my new coloured sheets at hand.
I'm still not sure what to do with my etsy listings. I know lots of sellers take photos of their pieces and if it sells they make one as similar as possible. I don't know if I want to get into that kind of production line work. Half the fun of making them is coming up with a new design and figuring out how to make it work. I know it isn't very practical but I'd like to keep them as one off pieces...or at least only similar but not exact replicas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...