28 Nov 2010

Jack Frost is Nipping at my Bits

Winter has definitely hit me with a bang, it doesn't seem that long ago that I was wearing a jacket over a dress with some runners, but this weekend I was attempting to wear all of my wardrobe at one in a vain effort to stave off the chill.
It's an early, and therefore very cold start to the morning at the Milk Market, and this week I relinquished any effort to look good in favour of warmth. I wore from head to toe;
Marino felted wool hat
Huge knitted scarf
Triple layered rainbow jacket
Woolly Jumper
Warm vest
Gloves & mittens
Jeans
Legging
Slipper Socks
Knitted Uggs

...and I was still cold!!! Mari, the owner of a coffee shop at the market was selling hot water bottles, pay €5 and get €4 back when you return the bottle, what a fantastic idea!! It was really great for keeping the aching chill out of my fingers. I've heard that Pennies are selling thermal vests and long johns, I'll definitely be taking a trip there this week to stock up on some winter warmers.

3 comments:

  1. Here's a bit of inspiration for you...
    http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/yes-i-know-were-what-not-to-crochet/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious...thanks!...although it does look warm

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...