7 Dec 2011

Looking Forward to Taking a Break


It just occurred to me that this is the first time in my adult life that I won't be working somewhere over Christmas(well aside from the market that is). I've always had a job in the service industry, be in working in a newsagents in Dublin when I was 18, in a kinda dodgy bar in my early 20's, or the ever charming Tom Collins after college, or most recently in Luigi Malones. I've always had to rush back to Limerick a couple of days after Christmas to go to work, missing out on all the fun and drinks with friends. Sure I'll miss out this year in the build up to Christmas since I'll be practically living in the market, but I can't quite wrap my brain around the fact that I can do nothing for a whole week, even two weeks, afterwards!!

I think there will be a lot of sleep involved, probably catch up on some housework since the place is starting to look pretty grubby due to neglect. But there will definitely be some movie days, computer game marathons, day time pints, day trips to the cinema, Winter walks, and lunches that spread into a whole day spent with friends.....and quite frankly I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...