23 May 2012

Research for 1920's Costume Party


I'm at that age when all my friends are turning 30(and getting married and having babies!). So this weekend I have another 30th to go to, my friend Ruth is having a 1920s themed fancy dress party. So as usual I got very excited and did loads of research. I think this low waisted style is possibly the most unflattering thing I've ever worn, but in the spirit of costume I will not shy away. Later in the week I'll post about the dress I'm working on. But in the meantime check out all this beautiful pictures(click the images to go to the original sites to see more lovely things!). 
Note: during my ramblings I found this amazing pin board of about 1500 dresses through the ages, if you are into antique clothing and costume at all this is an absolute treasure trove.





Did you find this post helpful or interesting? To follow my other post here is my RSS feed.


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Just LOVE the stripy swimsuit, I wonder what happens if you get it wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an era for decadence! Temple House in Sligo are hosting a vintage dress up ball, gutted I can't go! Post pictures of the birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea! The dresses from this era are gorgeous and very classy. I'll definitely look for one in costume australia if ever we would have the same theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. early 20's designs are really good, but as these pics are taken in black and white color I'm not able to tell the difference. Pictures are really lovely and are dresses very well. I think you should go for it. Otherwise there are many other options for costume parties, what ever you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be a good ideas, but I'm not sure if you should go for these kind of party. It's okay that for a change we can choose the old style but I'm like modern themes for parties. There are many other ideas for costume parties. Just to give you an idea of costume party I'm adding a link. I'm not saying you have to like the idea, maybe you'll like it or maybe not. But just check out the page.

    http://fancydressers.ie/hen-costumes

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...