12 Jun 2012

Planning a Tea Party


Originally Pinned by Lana Bogunovich from Larritt Evans

I'm turning 30 next Tuesday and I decided yesterday that I would throw a tea party during the day before I meet the rest of my friends in the pub afterwards. The only bad thing is that it's a Tuesday and daytime so a lot of my friends are working, but I just wanted to do something fun and girlie during the day.

I'll be happy making the posh sandwiches but I'm not much of a baker so the cakes will be a bit of a challenge. My plan is to make it very pretty to distract from the fact that they may not be the best cakes in the world. The main point is that I try to pull off a grown up thing like a tea party, you know with me being 30 and all I have to try to be a lady, well at least for one afternoon.

I have lots of cute chintz cups already that I've been meaning to turn into pincushions, and I can get whatever else I need from charity shops. To get some inspiration I went hunting on Pinterest and found some amazing ideas, I will definitely be making the strawberry Rice Crispie cakes as I think even they are within my baking abilities.  

Originally Pinned by Debbie Scott from Disney Family

Originally Pinned by Kimberly Lane from Style Unveiled

Originally Pinned by Natalie Rudzinske from The Pretty Blog

Originally Pinned by Wendy Foster from Go City Girl

Originally Pinned by Teresa B K from Babble

Originally Pinned by Austin Boatwright from Tea Traditions

Originally Pinned by Lori Griffin from Sweetopia

Originally Pinned by Kathy Stephens from Robin Leigh
Original Pinned by Deb Reineck from Dirty Laundry

Did you find this post helpful or interesting? To follow my other post here is my RSS feed.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea - and I have a gorgeous recipe for you: orange almond cake. I'm no baker either but this one is really really simple and lovely: http://icanhascook.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/sineads-tunisian-almond-and-orange-cake/

    You only need about half the syrup though otherwise it's too sweet. Have fun, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am hungry! What a selection. I have very limited baking abilities but if you are looking for an easy recipe, the bbc website recipe for Victoria sponge is easy to follow and works out. Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...