6 Oct 2012

Featured Artist: Olann


This is the second part in my featured artist series for the shop Limerick Craft & Design. Olann's hats are made by the lovely Irene, I met her through her sister Diane who is a photographer and own the studio Angles. I completely fell in love with these hats when I saw them online, and last week when she delivered them I couldn't believe that they could look better in real life, but they do. I need a wedding to go to so I can buy one!

Here is some of here blurb:
Wherever possible they hand stitch all the hats and avoid the use of glues or any other chemicals to ensure that the hats have both environmental and fashion integrity.

All Olann’s hats and accessories are inspired by the 1920’s to 1950’s – when hats were the height of chic.  In keeping with this era, they try to create stylish and sophisticated pieces which have a timeless quality; believing that hat wearing will once again become a statement of understated style.

Most of otheir hats and accessories are individual, one-off pieces which have a vintage character with a contemporary twist.  The uniqueness of each creation comes not only from the sculptural shapes but also from the embellishments which are carefully selected vintage brooches and buttons, ribbons and feathers.

Relevant Links

Etsy // Facebook
siopaolann@gmail.com






Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Keep up to date on all my regular posts with my RSS Feed or follow me on Facebook and Twitter
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've a wedding on NYE - I'm totally getting one of those bad boys! I think I'll buy the hat and get everything else to match the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...