2 Jul 2013

Food Love


I'm not normally one of those people who takes photos of my food but a combination of a new phone with a a snazzy camera and also making some tasty food has transformed me into a supper snapper. Both of these dishes were really easy to make, and were absolutely delicious.

Pitta Pizza:
I had some left over homemade Italian sauce from the night before in the fridge and I used it as my base for this homemade pizza cheat.
-Wholemeal pitta cut down the middle
-Leftover sauce(red onion, garlic, tinned tomato, black pepper, chorizo, red pepper)
-Fresh mozzarella(from the Milk Market)
-Avocado
-Olives

Put it under the grill for 7-10mins while you prep yourself a lovely side salad. I made a dressing from ume plum vinegar, pepper, and soy sauce, it's super quick and adds loads of bite.


I've been obsessed with black pudding salad since I got it in a hotel years ago in Dublin. I usually make it with some sort of goats cheese but this time I changed things up a little.

Salad:
-Carrot(I use a peeler to make long strips, very nice in salads and stir fry)
-Olives
-Mixed seeds
-Rocket(I'm totally addicted to it, I put it on everything)
-Baby tomatoes
-Cucumber
-Semi-soft poached or boiled egg
-Black Putting from The Milk Market
-Rye Bread from The Milk Market
-Fried chorizo

I've gotten back into cooking in a big way lately, so I suspect that there will be lots more food updates!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Keep up to date on all my regular posts with my RSS Feed or follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Bloglovin'.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Stop it! You're making me hungry ;)
    The pitta pizza looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy! Give it a go.

      I was so proud, the other night my housemate showed me a photo on his phone, he had made himself the black pudding salad and loved it! I will convert the world to this dinner.

      Delete

Nice Day Designs loves hearing what you have to say...please leave a comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...